Maternal Foetal Medicine (MFM)
GCUH Maternal Foetal Medicine (MFM) provides women and their families with comprehensive management of maternal and fetal disease before, during and after pregnancy and birth.
Care is provided utilising the latest state of the art ultrasound and diagnostic imaging and testing.
Specifically, MFM at GCUH provides the following services to meet the needs of the local Gold Coast community, as well as greater SE Queensland and Northern NSW:
- Ultrasound imaging and diagnosis
- Invasive testing including; amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling, and fetal blood sampling
- Fetal therapy including intrauterine fetal transfusion
- Multidisciplinary management of complex, high risk pregnancies
- Case management of specific, individual women by an MFM Midwife
- Future service provision for Bereavement care and loss management and counselling
- Future service provision for Pregnancy after Loss Service (PALS)
- Consultation service and advice by telephone or appointment
- Education, training and research for all relevant disciplines within MFM.
External Referrals are located on the Gold Coast General Practice select Resources to take you through to the Referrals section.
It is important to note that we do not replace booking for routine Maternity Booking to GCUH and a separate referral is still required to Antenatal Clinic as per the Shared Care Guidelines.
If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to contact
Maternal and Fetal Medicine Services.