Public health incident management
We are part of a multi-agency response during disasters and events.
Major public health incidents may arise from natural disasters, disease outbreaks, criminal acts, bioterrorism and environmental or food contamination.
What we do
- Prepare for public health events and mass gatherings through local, state and national disaster management
- Contribute to Gold Coast Emergency Incident Response Planning
- Lead responses to local public health incidents and events
- Participate in state incident event management as necessary
- Provide expert advice and partner with government, non-government agencies and the public regarding public health risks during events
- Provide public health messages through fact sheets and media
- Help other jurisdictions respond to public health events.
- Prepare for major mass gatherings such 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games.