We offer a free and confidential service for testing and treating sexually transmissible infections (STIs) at the Southport and Palm Beach clinics. No referrals are necessary to see our clinicians.
- Treatment and testing of sexually transmissible infections (STIs)
- HIV rapid testing (available by appointment only)
- HIV management including access to post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP)
- Sexual health screening
- Chlamydia screening program (no appointment required)
- Sexual health counselling, information, education and advice
- Vaccinations for Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B.
Do I need an appointment?
An appointment is necessary if you:
- Have symptoms of a sexually transmissible infection (STI)
- Require treatment
- Wish to discuss your condition with a clinician.
For male clients who are having a sexual health screen please do not pass urine for 1 hour prior to appointment.
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- We recommend you make an appointment with a clinician if you believe there is a high likelihood you have HIV infection
- If you have been exposed to HIV in the past 72 hours, you may be eligible for post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP)
- Contact our staff or read Queensland Health PEP fact sheet for more information.
Our Express Walk-in Services are available only if you:
- Do not have symptoms of a sexually transmissible infection (STI)
- Do not require treatment
- Do not require an appointment to discuss your condition with a clinician.
Our Express Walk-in Services include:
Fast Access Screening and Testing (FAST) Service
A free screening test for STIs for men who have sex with men
FAST Testing includes:
- Throat swab for chlamydia and gonorrhoea
- Rectal swab for chlamydia and gonorrhoea
- Urine test for chlamydia
- Blood test for HIV and Syphilis.
Pee n Flee and Selfie Services
Free screening tests for STIs for heterosexual men and women
Our testing may include:
- A urine (pee) specimen for men testing for chlamydia
- Blood sample for HIV and Syphilis
- Vaginal swab for women testing for chlamydia and gonorrhoea.
Your test results
- Results will be sent to you by text message or email within one week
- Our clinician will contact you if an infection has been detected to discuss follow up treatment
- Most infections are easily treated
- Some infections take time to become detectable – if you have concerns; repeat your tests in three months.
Are my results confidential?
Your confidentiality is important to us. We do not use full names for testing. Some infections require notification to Queensland Health, but we do not use full names.
Your personal information remains confidential and will only be passed on to another entity if:
- Requested by yourself
- Mandated by legislation
- To prevent harming to yourself or others.
Please ask our staff if you require more information.
Our Opening Hours
Southport Health Precinct
- Monday 7.15am–4.30pm
- Tuesday 7.15am–7pm
- Wednesday 7.15am–12.30pm, 3pm–7pm
- Thursday 7:15pm–4:30pm
- Friday 7:15am–4:00pm
Due to variable closing times, please call to check availability if you require an appointment or express walk-in service after 3.30 pm.
Palm Beach Community Centre
- Tuesday 8am–4.30pm