Gold Coast Health provides all public mental health and AODS (Alcohol and Other Drugs) services on the Gold Coast. The Mental Health Service provides assessment, treatment and support to people who have a mental illness. Services are provided depending on individual need and ranges from inpatient treatment to support in the community.
- Acute Inpatient Beds
- Emergency Psychiatry Service (EPS) based in the Emergency Department (ED)
- The Acute Care Team (ACT)
- A Rehabilitation Service
- A Consultation Liaison Service.
- Robina Hospital - includes aged care mental health beds, extended treatment beds and extended rehabilitation beds
- Community mental health clinics located in Southport Health Precinct and Palm Beach.
Child and Youth
- Inpatient beds at the Robina Hospital
- Outpatient clinics located at Southport and Robina
- Infant Mental Health - a limited community based service for acute needs
- Consultation Liaison Service
- School Mental Health Programs - provides a service to local schools
- Child Safety Unit.
Independent Patient Rights Advisors
- Independent Patient Rights Advisors are available to provide advice to people who have been diagnosed with a mental illness and are currently receiving treatment through Gold Coast Health.