We offer full-time, part-time and casual roles for specialists and non-specialists.
Our major facilities are affiliated with local and internationally recognised universities. You are able to contribute to an innovative environment where medical research and teaching is part of our workplace.
We offer a flexible career with a diverse case mix in all aspects of a patient’s care.
What we offer
- Attractive remuneration packages for medical and private practice
- Educational support
- Professional indemnity cover
- Work/life balance, variety and flexibility
- Professional Development (read more below).
Find out more about our employee benefits.
Find out about requirements to practice, career structure, salary and training on the Queensland Health website.
We welcome applications from experienced health professionals.
You will be required to:
- Obtain registration with the Medical Board of Australia (MBA), supported by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Provide a comparability assessment from a specialist medical college if employed as a staff specialist, specialist general practitioner or recognised advanced practitioner.
More information on requirements to practice in Queensland.
Resident medical officers including interns
Resident medical officers are usually employed on 12-month temporary contracts.
To become part of our team, medical officers must:
- Possess residency or work visas
- Be immunised against Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Pertussis and Varicella.
Our Medical Support Services Unit will answer your questions.