Acute Pain Service
The Acute Pain Service (APS) is a highly responsive mobile service that operates in all clinical areas.
Individual patient consultation where decisions are made in relation to in-patient acute pain needs are undertaken daily. Consultations are carried out at the patient’s bedside with patient and family involvement. A patient follow up review is conducted in the afternoon if required and patients are reviewed on request during the evening and night.
- Provides education for Medical and Nursing/ Midwifery staff
- Provides patient education
- Supporting links for staff from each clinical area
- Policy and procedure development
- Development of on line learning packages
- Development of order forms / APS related documents
- Quality audits and projects