The Diabetes Centre is a multidisciplinary area servicing both inpatients and outpatients. The staff is comprised of Diabetes Educators, Dietician, Podiatrist and Administrative Officers.
The centre provides care, education and support for people with diabetes and their carers as well as community education to schools, health facilities, community groups and diabetes camps.
The Diabetes service focuses on promoting and delivering education and self-management skills to all people with diabetes.
- In patient and outpatient diabetes care for all disciplines
- Individual Consultations with Diabetes Educator and Dietitian for children,adolescents ,adults and gestational
- Community Education
- Pump education and initiation
- Schools and Child Care Education
- Outpatient insulin initiation and stabilisation
- Pre-conception counselling for women with Type 1 Diabetes
- Dietitian - Nutrition Counselling
- Podiatrist Wound management services
- Organises and facilitates camps for children with diabetes
- Provide diabetes education, management and support
- Diabetes resource for the community
- Health Promotion
- School teachers Diabetes program
- Multidisciplinary team
- Continuous blood glucose monitoring
- "You Beat It" Adolescent program