For patients and families
Gold Coast Health (GCH) staff and clinicians conduct research studies and clinical trials to improve patient outcomes and to translate new evidence into practice. Patients, families, and their significant others may be approached to participate in research or clinical trials.
You can participate in clinical trials for multiple reasons. Clinical trials and clinical research is designed to:
- impact clinical practice and how we deliver services
- improve clinical guidelines
- reduce health services' costs
- improve patient health outcomes and quality of life
- approve new treatments, medications and medical devices to make them available to the public
- expand treatment options.
You can take the following steps to participate in a clinical trial:
- Find out more information about clinical trials through
- To contact the clinical trial team for screening and enrolment.
- please email or call the lead contact to get in touch with the Principal Investigator for the specific trial
- for further information, or if there are queries, please refer to the additional contacts page.
Access the research feedback and complaints page if you have any concerns about how researchers are conducting their research.