We are part of a multi-agency response during disasters and events and contribute to planning across prevention, preparedness, response and recovery.
Major public health incidents may arise from natural disasters, disease outbreaks, criminal acts, bioterrorism and environmental or food contamination.
What we do
- Provide expert advice and partner with government, non-government agencies and the public regarding public health risks during events
- Provide public health messages through fact sheets and media
- Prepare, plan and manage for public health events and mass gatherings through local, state and national disaster management
- Contribute to Gold Coast Emergency Incident Response Planning
- Assist with the response to major public health events in other parts of Queensland, interstate and overseas.