The service consists of:
- Day of Surgery Admission Unit
- 5 operating theatres
- 1 x Procedure Room
- 1 x Endoscopy Room
- Stage 1 PACU currently using up to 12 bays
- Stage 2 PACU (recovery and discharge unit), current capacity up to 11 bays
- Adjacent Central Sterilising Department
- 23 hour unit on the Surgical Ward, currently staffed by Surgical Ward Staff.
The following specialties are supported:
- Elective Orthopaedics
- Orthopaedic Trauma
- General Surgery with a focus on breast surgery
- Minor Colo Rectal
- Persistent Pain
Paediatric admissions are restricted to 13 years of age and over 40 kgs. For overnight admissions and 6 years of age or 20 kgs for day cases.