Applying for grants
Gold Coast Health (GCH) provides various grant opportunities that researchers can apply for to help facilitate research.
The Private Practice Trust Fund (PPTF) provide grants for study, research, conference, and education purposes for Gold Coast Health employees. To complete the PPTF application form, please contact GCHHSPrivatePractice.TrustFundCommittee@health.qld.gov.au.
The GCH and Gold Coast Hospital Foundation (GCHF) Research Grants Scheme enables research that can improve the Gold Coast community's health and health care service delivery.
- Access the Expression of Interest guidelines and application template (.docx, 526KB).
- Access the SmartyGrants submission platform.
- Successful applicants will then be invited to submit a Full Application. This will be sent directly.
Access additional Gold Coast Hospital Foundation grant opportunities.
Gold Coast Hospital Foundation (GCHF) is the official charity of GCHHS and registered with the Australian Charities and NFP Commission (ACNC). With an ATO status of 'Public Benevolent Fund' the Foundation can approach and receive funds from trusts, foundations, and grant funders to pass on to GCHHS research teams for health research purposes.
GCHF works with Strategic Grants, a grant seeking specialist, to identify potential grant opportunities and assist with writing applications.
The Office for Research Governance and Development can provide advice about your application's scientific merit prior to requesting funding.
To enquire, please refer to the grants contact on the additional contacts page.
There are several bodies who provide research grant opportunities. For more information on grants' eligibility and availability please visit the organisations' website.
- ANZ Trustees
- ANZ Society of Nephrology
- Australian Cancer Research Foundation
- Australian Research Council
- Australian Respiratory Council
- Cerebral Palsy Alliance Research Foundation
- Emergency Medicine Foundation
- Fulbright Scholarships
- Gastroenterological Society of Australia
- Haemophilia Foundation
- Harold Mitchell Foundation
- Heart Foundation
- Kidney Health Australia
- Leukaemia Foundation
- Motor Neurone Disease Research Institute of Australia Inc
- Multiple Sclerosis Research Australia
- National Breast Cancer Foundation
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Science Foundation
- National Stroke Research Foundation
- Neuro Science Research Grants (Pfizer)
- National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC)
- Nutrition Society of Australia
- Ophthalmic Research Institute of Australia
- Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia
- RACP Research and Education Foundation
- Rebecca L Cooper Medical Research Foundation
- Retina Australia
- Viertel Charitable Foundation
- Winston Churchill Memorial Trust
Refer to our additional contacts page to:
- contact Research Grants for more information on grant opportunites
- contact Research Development for grant application assistance.