Graduate Nurses Opportunities
Gold Coast Health offers a comprehensive range of health care services which provide a broad spectrum of opportunities for your emerging nursing career. We acknowledge that the transition from student to clinician requires support and guidance, hence the aim of the graduate transition at Gold Coast Health is to focus on further developing the knowledge and skills acquired during your undergraduate program. Our hospitals offer a range of graduate opportunities for both enrolled and registered nurses.
About the Graduate Nurse Transition
Gold Coast Health’s graduate transition is designed to develop you into a safe, competent and confident clinician who is able to work collaboratively in a team. During your transition you will receive:
- Comprehensive orientation and precentorship support
- Paid study days to support and encourage growth
- Preceptorship and mentoring throughout your transition
- Supported professional development to solidify and further extend your knowledge
- Career advancement opportunities for motivated candidates to make their mark in the organisation.
What do we offer?
Clinical experiences potentially offered in the following areas for Graduate Enrolled Nurses:
Clinical experiences offered in the following areas for Graduate Registered Nurses/Midwifery:
|Gold Coast Health also offers an opportunity for novice nurses to transition into specialty services. These units include:|
NOTE: GCHHS no longer offer graduate positions in the above areas for first year graduates.
We welcome applications from enrolled nurses and registered nurses who are approaching graduation or recently graduated.
Registered Nurses must apply through the Queensland Government Graduate Portal and must:
- Have completed your first university undergraduate nursing or midwifery course within 24 months prior to application or be due to complete your course by December.
- Be eligible to apply for Nursing or Midwifery registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Meet the requirements of documentation and identity checks required by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA).
- Not worked as a registered nurse or midwife for more than 6 months full time equivalent.
- Select GCHHS as their 1st Preference (2nd Preference applicants will not be considered)
- Be a Rank 1 applicant. Refer to the Graduate Prospectus on the Graduate portal for more information about Rank.
Graduate enrolled nurses are able to apply through our smart jobs website during the month of November or May if you meet the following criteria:
- Recently completed your Diploma of Nursing (within 12 month of commencing)
- Have not been employed as an EN for more than 6 months full time equivalent
- Have Australian or New Zealand Citizenship or Australian Residency
- Will be registered with AHPRA prior to commencement.
Registered Nurse – visit the Queensland Health Graduate Campaign site for more information.
Enrolled Nurse – visit the Queensland Health Smart Jobs website for more information.
|Application Period||Program start date|
|Month of November||To commence January of the following year|
|Month of May||To commence midyear September|
For graduate transition enquiries, please contact the Graduate Program Co-ordinator Belinda Gray at Belinda.Gray@health.qld.gov.au
For application and recruitment information, please contact one of our Recruitment Nurse Managers at GCHNursingJobs@health.qld.gov.au