Graduate Nurses Opportunities
Gold Coast Health offers a comprehensive range of health care services which provide a wide range of opportunities for your emerging nursing career. Our graduate transition program focuses on building on the knowledge and skills learnt during your undergraduate program. We acknowledge that the transition from student to clinician requires support and guidance.
Our hospitals offer a range of graduate programs for both enrolled and registered nurses.
About the Graduate Nurse Programs
Gold Coast Health’s graduate transition program is designed to develop you into a safe, competent and confident clinician who is able to work collaboratively in a team.
- Comprehensive orientation and precentorship support
- Paid study days to support and encourage growth
- Preceptorship and mentoring throughout your placements
- Supported post-grad education in specialty areas and other professional development to cement and extend your knowledge
- Career advancement opportunities for motivated candidates to make their mark in the organisation.
What do we offer?
- Temporary 6 month contract
- 48 hours per fortnight with the ability to work up to 72hrs per fortnight.
- Intake dates are March and September
- Applications are submitted via Smart Jobs in November and May each year.
- Temporary 12 month contract
- 56 hours per fortnight with the ability to work up to 72hrs per fortnight
- Intakes dates January and June of each year
- Applications submitted via the Graduate Portal in August each year.
Clinical experiences offered in the following areas:
||Registered Nurse Only
Upon completion of the graduate year, registered nurses can apply for the following specialty areas:
GCHHS no longer offer placement in the above areas for first year graduates.