Consumer participation in our health service
The Consumer and Community Engagement Strategy 2017-19, expands on the work done over the past 10 years to include our community as our partner in delivering the best healthcare to our community.
We are growing our consumer representation across our service. We have done this by:
- Expanding our Consumer Advisory Group and appointing an independent Chair.
- Including health consumers on quality and safety committees
- The development of a community partnership to improve health literacy.
- Developing a Consumer Advisory Group statement on key topics such as health literacy, diversity and inclusion and new initiatives to help our inpatients while under our care.
- Expanding our online, social media and community networks to inform and connect with the community.
- Focusing on engaging with the wider Gold Coast community including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and the disadvantaged.